20ft shipping containers
The 20ft container is the standard sized shipping container and is the most popular sized container when it comes to sales and hires. The 20ft shipping container is an extremely versatile product that has ample room to provide additional storage for the home, office or building site. They are also available in a variety of conditions and grades from New to Economy. The 20ft containers can also be accessorised in a number of different ways with vents, ramps, shelving, electrics, plumbing and more.
20ft Shipping Container for Sale
- Constructed with steel frames, fully vertically corrugated steel side and end walls, die-stamped corrugated steel roof, wooden or bamboo flooring, corrugated double hinged doors
- Made from extremely tough Corten Steel
- Exterior x 3 coats of Paint. Interior 2 x coats of paint
- Marine Plywood Floor or Bamboo Floor with a Polyurethane Finish
- Lockbox – For added security (only on new)
- Full door seals to ensure weather tightness and vermin proof.
- Forklift Pockets – For onsite moves
- Easy Open Door or Double Locking Gear
NZBOX also stock a range of specialised 20ft shipping containers such as High Cubes and Open Sides. View our Shipping Container range
DimensionsLength 6058mm, Width 2438mm, Height 2591mm
Inner DimensionsLength 5900mm, Width 2352mm, Height 2393mm
Need help with dimensions? View our dimensions page
Need help with container grades? View our grades guide
Frequently asked questions
Do you sell second hand 20ft containers?
Yes, as well as offering new (one way trip) 20ft shipping containers for sale, we also have a range of second hand shipping containers of different grades from Standard to Economy Grade. More information about the different grades can be found above.
What can 20ft containers be used for?
The real question is what can’t 20ft containers be used for. Easily the most commonly used type of container, the 20ft shipping container has been the go-to choice for the transportation and storage of goods for decades. They are also frequently used for container modification and are able to be converted into cafes, bars, restaurants, offices, retail stores, sleep outs, homes and more.
Can I use them for shipping my personal effects overseas or around the country?
Yes, we can assist with both options. For international purposes, your container will need to have the correct certification. All New NZBOX containers come with a standard 5 year international certificate. For second-hand containers we can arrange a 12 month certificate for a small fee. For domestic transport, NZBOX can arrange this anywhere around the country using our container relocations service.
How long will my container last?
With some TLC there is no reason why your container won’t last for as long as you want it to. New containers come with three coats of paint and are basically corrosion free. In the right environment they require little to no attention for a very long time.
Here are some handy tips:
- Always elevate your container to allow airflow underneath. We recommend some treated timber as the easiest solution
- Place it in a position so the sun can evaporate any water that may pool on the roof from time to time
If buying second hand container then at some stage it would be a good idea to paint the entire container. At the very least, paint the roof using quality paint (we also sell Shipping Grade Paint).
Check our containers for hire!
We have a great range of containers for hire with everything from 20ft containers, high cube containers, reefer containers and more
Need more than just a container?
Check out our accesories. Everything from shelving to padlocks